Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Wish I Could Blame This On Being Drunk, But I Do It When I'm Sober Too

I just won three 2011 Boomerang awards over at Studio30+. THREE! I won funniest blogger, best blog title and best female blog. I feel a little guilty on account of me bribing y'all with sex toys for votes, but not enough to give the awards to someone else. Hell no! I'm flaunting those babies all over this motherfucker. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I hope you win the sex toy giveaway, or at least have some sex or something to make you feel like it was worth your vote.

So we played tennis last weekend with Mailman Mike and his girlfriend. Then we decided to get drunk and sing karaoke, because of course we did. Captain Carl and I did a very special version of the best Earth Wind & Fire song ever made. And since we were still wearing our tennis gear and already sweaty from working out, I decided to bust out some of my sweet dance moves too.

And now I've decided to share that moment with y'all. Consider it my acceptance speech for my Boomerang awards.

Boom. Talent explosion. Right here.



p.s. I don't know how to fix this so it doesn't cut off the right side of the video. It's not like I'm married to a web designer or anything. Oh wait, I am married to a web designer. Meh. Whatever.

p.p.s. Don't forget to enter my EdenFantasys giveaway. It ends on Friday at 6pm and I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get more entries because I spent like, 5 hours reading the kinky stories on their website in preparation for this and shut up, it was totally for research purposes only because I like to be thoroughly informed for my blog giveaways.

18 comments:

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I like that the left side's cut off. It reminds me of peeking around the corner in your house, watching you. I mean... not "reminds". That's the wrong word. It just looks like it would look if someone were ever to do that last Thursday. DAMMIT. Where's my passport.

Also, ps? I have that karaoke machine and it's defective, so you know. You can't even David-Lee-Roth-kick it over, because the third time that top pops off, it doesn't ever work the same way again.

Also, I like your funky butt shakeys.

SarcasmInAction said...

Your moves are so sweet it makes me wanna slap my momma. You carry on w/ your bad self. I did karaoke once. In public. Lots of Bud Light and I can do a mean rendition of Ice Ice Baby. Word to your mother.

Stephanie said...

Watching you 'get down' at 2:54 just confirms that I made the right decision in my voting. That and the snorting.

Unknown said...

Just don't give up your day jobs, ok? lol

Anonymous said...

You had me at, "Earth, Wind, and Fire." I even turned down 'Mad Men' to listen.

THAT'S how much I love you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry....I have to write again because you kind of scared my cat.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Three! Wow, congrats to you! And it definitely was because of the sex toy bribe :)

Al Penwasser said...

Sex toys AND Earth, Wind, and Fire? What more does a guy need?

mossum said...

That was ... stunning. Hands down, the best EW&F/sweaty/booty-shakin' drunken acceptance speech EVAR. Totally stimulating, I daresay. Who needs dumb old sex toys after THAT performance, am I right?

~Mercy~ said...

OMG that shit was hilarious!!! You hit those high notes beautifully!!!!!! Love that you always make me laugh with each blog post!!! Your the bomb lady!!!!

Didactic Pirate said...

You crazy kids in love.
Congrats on your triple crown Boomerang win!

Kim said...

That was totally better than a sex toy!

And talk about the sexual tension between the two of you-- the sultry gazes and come hithery-ness! Get a room!

Rebecca said...

OMG-- your dance moves are so righeous! You guys rock the cash bar! :)

Lazarus said...

Words on blog: very entertaining
Singing on blog: not so much.

Keep up the great WRITING!

Lazarus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell said...

Omg. That just made my day. True story.

Mel Spillman artwork said...

Hotness, pure hotness. Your blog makes me so happy :) keep it real sister!

Sarah said...

Nevermind. I'm watching that video instead. Hummina. Hummina.