Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nobody's Feet Are As Awesome As Mine Today

You guys.


Remember when I was the recipient of my very own shoe song? Two weeks ago my shoes were delivered to that same store. I went in to pick them up and was all "Is the shoe song lady working today?" and the girl behind the counter was all "I'm sorry?" and I was all "Yeah, the shoe song lady. You know, the one with the accent who sings and snaps her fingers?" and the girl was all "Huh?". And then she called another person up to the front so I could ask her, but she didn't know either so I spent 5 minutes saying things like "Dis ees your shoe dance" and "Try dem on" to help them remember the employee I was asking about but they still acted like they didn't know. So I did the shoe dance for them and the girl was all "Ma'am, just take your shoes and go please."


I suppose they work different shifts. Or she was a complete figment of my imagination. But probably it was the different shifts thing because the imagination thing almost never happens anymore since I stopped snorting Smarties. Anyway, I was disappointed not to see her because I was looking forward to doing the New Shoe Dance around the store with her.


But who cares because look!




Hello gorgeous.




I shoe-gasmed all over my closet the first day I wore them.


My feet have never been so happy. Before the green shoes, my feet were completely underwhelmed with my footwear choices. But then I put on the green shoes and my feet were all kicky and jaunty and refused to stay under my desk at work, so I was forced to run from cubicle to cubicle yelling "Look! Look how pretty!" while pointing at my feet.

And then I went home and was all sad face because I had to take them off and put them away until the next week. Because as much as I want to, I just can't wear green canvas wedge sandals with little flowers on the toes every single day.


But what I can do is go back and buy them in purple and white and ohmygod they have them in red now!


My feet are soooo getting lucky.




p.s. Don't forget to check me out over at Sprocket Ink. Last week I wrote about foreskin. It's pretty much as awesome as it sounds.



15 comments:

A Kitchen Witch said...

My, those are fantastic and the toe paint really kicks it up a notch. Harry would totally approve : )

A Kitchen Witch said...

Oh, and I bet she was the shoe fairy sent to seek you out and give you cool shoes :)

mizzbrizz said...

LOVE those shoes!

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

JUUYGUHBNBBBG"
]\ MJJJJJJJJJJJK'/\\\'/.PO9IKJU7J89999NNNJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,,

Um, that's not spam. My 3yo had my wireless keyboard. Fun.

So, those are totally dance-worthy. "Dem dee shoe dancinest shoes!"

TILTE said...

those shoes ARE cute. and your feet look cute in them.

unfortunately, i'm no good in wedges. they make me walk like frankenstein. with club foot.

Unknown said...

Those are some kick ass shoes!

Dr. Cynicism said...

I'm happy for your feet. Or, I'm happy that your feet are now happy. Something like that...

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

those are some sexy shoes! do the dance...oh, oh, oh, better yet: record yourself doing it! (the dance that is, you dirty, dirty woman)

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Ok ai have a thing for flower shoes and you have forced me to the Payless site. My husband will be pissed. I am directing him to you.

Logical Libby said...

What brand are those shoes? I have to have them.

And I am going with dancing shoe lady is a ghost.

myrtle said...

OMG! this is great.. i so love the shoes.=0

buy rift account

l said...

I wish you would quit your day job and post every single day...but I guess without your job you wouldn't have the stories about your fingers being photographed and running around in your new (and ADORABLE) shoes. My point - I love you! You make me LOL - fo real.

Mrs BC said...

OK, I am glad you are alive. This is further proof this woman is a stalker..
Oh OK your shoes ar FABULOUS!!!
xx

Jennifer Harper said...

Those are pretty! And so are your toes. For the last 3 years, I've been the only woman at my jobsite with 12 men. When people ask me what that's like, I always say, "It's great except no one cares when I get new shoes!"

Lovely Light said...

Hi there- i stumbled on your blog and am a new follower. You are such a funny writer! I wish I would develop my humor in my posts the way you do! If you have time, check out my life in Cape Town at http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com