Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Become A Follower And See Semi-Naked Pictures Of My Husband

So the time has come for me to pimp out someone else’s blog. I’m not really good at doing that, even though I should be better on account of all the bloggers who pimped me out back when I was just getting started. I would probably be way closer to my current follower goal of 1,000 if I did this more often. But, meh.

But this blog is different. I’m pretty much required by my wedding vows to pimp this blog. It belongs to Captain Carl. He started a blog to chronicle his efforts to lose weight, get fit and run a 5K in March. I know, right??? I mean, a 5K is pretty much my version of hell. It’s a nightmare filled with running shoes, short shorts and wheezing. But I totally support it, because he’s awesome and it’s something he’s wanted to do for a long time and I’m so very very proud of him for doing this.

So I’m here, asking my readers to go over there and read and become a follower and maybe leave a comment or two. But only nice, supportive comments because I am not afraid to cut a bitch, okay?

I am amazed by this man. He’s determined and focused and I’m freaking out because omg I’m totally going to be fatter than my husband if I don’t keep up. So his determination has got me determined to keep up as best I can. This is new territory for me. I try to eat better and maybe exercise sometimes but if anyone pushes me to do more? Hells no. You think I'm killing myself slowly by eating badly? You think I'd feel better if I pushed my workout to a higher level? Oh yeah? Well...




But this time seems different for him, so I’m trying to make it different for me. This includes sharing his blog with everyone I know and all the bloggers that are awesome enough to come here and hang out with me. He’s using real names. He’s honest and completely factual. He’s told his whole family about his goal and his blog. All things I do not do here. And! He blog rolled me, which means I’m about to be discovered by my family. Not only am I running because of him (Have you ever seen a fat girl run? Boobs everywhere, people.) but my secret blog identity is about to be revealed.

Well, shit.

But! I’m totally getting back at him for it.

Pssst. Come closer so I can tell y’all a secret.

He’s got pictures of himself over there without a shirt. He says it’s kind of humiliating and scary to do it, but it is keeping him motivated. I’m pretty sure that’s bullshit and he’s just trying to attract gay men who are into bears. Whichever. Just go follow him. His goal is to get 5 followers by the end of this month. Do me a favor and blow up his follower list. Leave an encouraging comment, like how sexy you think his man boobs are.

Click here to read FatDad5K


I feel like I should explain what is going on in this picture. I'm not gonna though.

p.s. I love you, Chad. You are totally gonna bend that 5K over and take it to brown town.

19 comments:

Tots said...

Not only will I be a follwer, I am totally going to ask him to make the "Duckbill" look like in your 80's pic.

You rock so hard Ms. Yvonne. We totally have to hang out sometime.

Didactic Pirate said...

So I'm reading this entry while sitting here in a coffeehouse, just reading reading reading, dum de dum, following along, thinking about how cool it is that your husband is taking on this challenge, and how blogging about it is a great way to stay focused and motivated, yaddah yaddah, and how you're being a cool wife to pimp it out and stuff, all good.... and then I get to this:

"Boobs everywhere, people."

And I spit coffee on the person next to me. Who has her boobs literally spread out across her table to help her prop up the magazine reading.

Awkward.

P.S. My word verification for this comment is "dorks." I'm not kidding.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I'm so excited about this. Hells yes I'm gonna follow and support and stuff. Would either of you like one of my hand-drawn weightloss graphs with benchmark stars? <---for real I'll send you one.

Running fucking sucks. Lately I just walk until I start crying out of delerium, I figure it's the same thing.

Moooooog35 said...

God bless the fat bastard.

I don't even like walking to my car.

Miss Yvonne said...

Houston: You're awesome. I have no idea why we haven't met in person yet. Is that happening anytime soon? P.S. I think I work about 10 minutes from where you live. Don't ask how I know that.

Didactic Pirate: My day is not complete until I get someone to spit coffee out of their mouths. Also, I have no idea how blogger knows we are dorks. You probably told them, right?

Steamy: My life will not be complete until you send me one of your hand drawn weightloss graphs!

Moooog35: Me either. He's crazy, but I love the fat bastard.

Staying Sane said...

Totally became a follower! Love stuff like this! Ahem....go ahead and pimp my blog while you're at it wouldja? http://stayingsane1324.blogspot.com/ I feel like a cheap whore....damn.

Ed said...

Any man that's good enough for you is good enough for me.

Wait...that's sounds gayer than I meant.

But only slightly.


My verification word is "mating".
Swears!

Sarah said...

A good friend and one of my favorite people in the world says running is what you do when Satan is standing in front of you and he's come for your soul.

I agree. That's why I buy Spanx even though they make my kidneys hurt and eventually roll down to my C-section scar. Judge if you must. Still gettin' laid.

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

Go Captain Carl! And may I say, he's got a freaking beautiful website? Also, his wife is hot.

Brandy said...

You're a good wife :)

Because ..... BUTTER!!!

Love that.

Capt Carl owes you.

Ducky said...

ROCK IT! That may just be the blog I needed to round out my list of "Following". I've got a 5K on my list....and I know I'll do it. Maybe I can suck some motivation from him.

Uh...

Not *quite* what I meant....

Fragrant Liar said...

Okey doke, I'll go over there and say hey and click the little follow button. For you. :-)

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

yay for him. I dont know how many times I've tried to loose 30lbs. going over there to comment on his mamboobs

Vinny C said...

Gonna read and gonna follow. Maybe seeing his progress will motivate me off my own keister.

diane said...

Completely awesome. I'll follow.

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

I followed. And it's one of my first comments on your site(though I follow you) so he must be inspiring! Shit, he already has almost as many followers as me! Go, dude!

Anonymous said...

Super cool!

Vic said...

I'm so inspired by his dedication! And your support. I'm heading over! :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

You guys are too cute. I'm a follower and cheering you on!
xo jj