Monday, March 29, 2010

Just Like Neil Peart, Only More Hilarious

For those of you wondering, Renty is still here. I haven't blogged much about him lately because he hasn't been very entertaining. Until late last week, which is when he brought home something awesome...


Renty: Check this out!
Captain Carl: What is that?
Renty: It's a digital drum set!
Me: Wow.
Renty: Yeah!
Captain Carl: Well that's, ummmm...cool?
Renty: I bought it at the Goodwill store.
Me: I think I had one of those in the 8th grade.
Captain Carl: *glare* No, this looks way more awesome than what you probably had.
Me: Nooo, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same one.
Captain Carl: *stern glare*
Me: Oh! Yeah, you are so right. Way more awesome.
Renty: Yeah so I ran out and got some batteries for it. Check it out!

*tap tap tappity tap tap clang*

Captain Carl: Dude! Sweet!
Renty: I know, right?
Me: You're a natural.
Renty: Well, I'm not that good. YET.
Me: Oh you're just being shy. Come on, play something else.
Renty: Okay..

*clash clash clash bong tap tap clash*

Me: Oh man. True talent. Right here. This guy.
Captain Carl: *evil glare* Hey, the Kiddo would love this...you should show it to him.
Me: Yes! He can play his keyboard and you can play the drums. Jam session!
Renty: That would be fun.
Me: And it will be even more fun when I videotape you and put it on youtube.
Renty: What?
Me: Huh?
Captain Carl: *warning eyes*
Me: Ohmygod! Do you remember that episode of Friends with Ross and his "sound"?
Captain Carl: *menacing glare*
Renty: Oh yeah, that was hilarious!
Me and Renty: *laughing hysterically for different reasons*
Me: Oh! *wiping eyes* Yeah...hilarious.
Renty: Yeah. I love Friends. Remember the one where they switched apartments?
Me: Yeah, that's what we're doing...remembering good Friends episodes that have nothing to do with your drum kit.
Captain Carl: *killing me softly with dirty looks*


21 comments:

Ed said...

He has NO idea.

FAN-FUCKING-TABULOUS!

Do you and Captain troll for renters outside the mental hospital?

Mama Wheaton said...

Where's the video?

justmakingourway said...

Is it wrong that I miss Friends?

I'm really looking forward to that youtube video!

miss. chief said...

HAHAHAHA oh no.

Cassie said...

Hilarious. Poor Renty, the world is laughing at him and he has no clue. *cue evil laughter*

Tony said...

What if Renty gets really good at playing those drums, and he gets famous? How would that make you feel?

I really doubt that would happen, but you never know

BeckEye said...

Did you at least accompany him by slappin' da bass?

Veronica M. D. said...

THE SOUND!! And now you have your very own version ... in your home. Score.

Anonymous said...

You need to video him TONIGHT! Tomorrow is 'Out of Tune Tuesday!!'

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

Captain Carl needs a swift kick in the anus for all those *stares*.

Kick his anus.

Fragrant Liar said...

Is it me, or is Captain Carl cranky?

Logical Libby said...

Woah. I hope the next time he is at the Goodwill he finds D&D manuals.

Sarah said...

Ugh! Unappreciated in his time.

mylittlebecky said...

oh, this made me laugh. you should really pay more attention to eye suggestions.

BugginWord said...

Quick! Fashion some ear muffs out of that cheeseburger cd case!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it on youtube..it'll be great fun!

Carolyn...Online said...

I think drums of any kind are pretty much a personal hell waiting to happen.

Moooooog35 said...

What do you run, like, a special needs halfway house or something?

IS THERE A VACANCY?!?!

Vic said...

Does his come with helicopter sounds?

Is he writing love songs for the cat?

Rebecca said...

OMG...OMG...OMG... Do you know how awesome you are? I have spent the last 2 days reading your blog in it's entirety & you are just groovy. I have laughed my ass off.. I live in DFW area too-- what a cowinkydink! Well ok-- I sound weird so just wanted to say you have made a stranger laugh! Thanks for sharing your stories! You rock the cash bar <-- hee hee remember that song.. I think it's rock the something else but sounds like cash bar to me..

Soda and Candy said...

Hahahhaa, I love that he laughed with you, that is gold.

Bless his heart.