Friday, January 7, 2011

Captain Carl Karaokes His Way Over The Hill

Today is Captain Carl's 40th birthday. Hurrah!

I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate because this is a big birthday and he was all "Nothing" and I was all "Come on, there's got to be something you'd like to do" and he was all "Nothing" and I was all "Look, it's going down like this see. We are doing something to celebrate the fact that you will never ever have another day in your life in which you are less than 40 years old. We are totally celebrating" and he was all "Screw you" and I'm all "Yes of course we'll do that, but what else?" and he was all "Nothing" and I was all "Not an option" and he was all "Okay, maybe go out to eat then" and I was all "Awesome! Great! We are totally going out to eat! We are eating the shit out of dinner on your birthday! We are gonna eat out so hard! We're gonna bend over eating out and take it to brown town!" and right about then he stopped talking to me.

Captain Carl doesn't really enjoy his birthdays. I knew this one was gonna be a bit rough. So I'm doing the only thing a loving and sensitive wife can do in this situation...

I posted a video of him singing the karaoke version of Blue Christmas on youtube. You know, as his birthday present?

*ahem*

You're welcome, honey. Happy Birthday!




UPDATE: I realize the video isn't in sync with the sound...I have no idea why that happened. Just go with it.

15 comments:

Mandy_Fish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy_Fish said...

I'm joining Captain Carl on the big 4-0 this year.

*Sigh*

* said...

'The 40 Club' is a special club, so welcome to it :)

Ed said...

Happy Birthday to the Capt!

Whatever you end up doing for his birthday, just remember...

head makes everything better.

Megs said...

Happy Birthday to the Captain.

I always make a big huge deal out of my husband's birthday because he is two years older than me and he needs to be reminded of this on a regular basis.

He says, "I hate you" with his mouth, but his eyes tell me he loves it.

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Happy Bday Captain Carl! And also, I like that he got the Elvis lip raise on that one :)

VEG said...

You know, I can't think WHY the captain is a little sulky with a lovely ego-boosting wife like you around. :) Happy birthday Cap'n. 40's the new 25 you know. Get your freak on, man!

A Kitchen Witch said...

Forty! Gah! So old now. Ha ha j/k! He looks good for, well, you know, (tiny whisper voice) a man in his forties. Hope y'all have fun with whatever it is that's decided for celebration : )

Didactic Pirate said...

I turned 40 this year. I had the same attitude. My wife, who is a few years older than me, was jumping around for fucking joy.

P.S. Captain Carl will clearly love the present you've given him: instant Internet Fame.

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

Happy Birthday Elvis!

Crystal said...

Happy birthday!! I can say that with a smile because I'm only gonna be 33. I will not embrace 40...and I still tell people I'm 30 (but my oldest just turned 12...so that isn't really working for me anymore!)

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

He's got a lovely voice, the Captain, no?

Also, that was you talking in the background? That made me feel really weird, probably how John Travolta felt when he first heard that baby talk in that movie where the baby talks. But I'm also intrigued, and I've decided you need to do a vlog now. Deal.

Vic said...

Not only the lip raise, but the delicious hint of an Elvis swagger. (He's going to kill you, isn't he?)

Happy 40, CC!

Beta Dad said...

Hey! He's not bad!

I had a karaoke party for my 40th. Rented the machinery and partied like wannabe rock stars. It was a magical night that won't be repeated until I turn 44.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sorry I'm late to the party-- Happy Birthday Captain Carl. You're ricking 40!
Cheers, jj