Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Working for the New Year

Just a quick post while I'm sneaking some time in on the interwebs at work. It's the least they can do for me, since they are making me work on New Year's Eve.

2008 was a pretty dang awesome year for us. Captain Carl and I both had jobs for the whole year....first time in 3 years that has happened. I started my dream career on the side too, and I'm now a professional photographer. Hopefully within a year or two I'll be able to do that full-time. But until then, I feel very blessed to have succeeded doing it part-time. My photography income paid for Christmas this year, and then some. Not bad.

We watched the Kiddo inch ever closer to manhood in 2008. Every day he gets further away from being a little boy. He has hairy legs, he shaves, he's taller than both of us and he's beginning to think about which college he wants to attend.

We are truly blessed. I know I complain a lot here, that's just my nature. I tend to dwell on the negatives. But when I stop and think about our little life here in Texas, I am astounded how lucky we are.

My resolution for 2009 is to keep things in perspective and be thankful for all the wonderful blessings in my life.

My parents are here this week staying with us. Tonight we'll sing karaoke and eat crab dip and fight over card games. And I will be so very very happy.

Happy New Year to all my bloggy land friends!

1 comment:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy New Year to you too, Miss Yvonne!!

DON'T work too hard!!

Hugs and love,
T