Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Roommates Have Crabs

I found out what the coconut husks are for.

It's for the roommates' crabs.

In addition to the beta fish they now have two hermit crabs. Apparently the coconut husks get mixed in with their sand or some such shit. You know those giant plastic storage tubs that you put Christmas decorations in? Yeah, they are using one of those as the terrarium. For two teeny tiny hermit crabs. I'm not even kidding.

Oh...and the sister's cat has moved in with her today. My beautiful spare bedrooms have turned into college petting zoos.

Gotta run...Captain Carl is channeling Mr. Roper and I'm going to help him fix the roommates' door. Okay, I'm not really going to help. I'm going to stand there and make annoying suggestions until he yells at me. It's what we do.




I wonder how Stanley would have dealt with hermit crabs?


7 comments:

furiousBall said...

Stanley would have those little delicious bastards sauteed with some mushrooms in cream sauce. oh wait, did you say hermit crabs? i thought you said scallops, which would make no sense. i mean who keeps scallops as pets? seriously, who are you associating with? time for a long look in the mirror. and i don't mean one of those, i'm so baked my face is melting. wait... what?

said...

Oh man! Is that a universal argument method? M used to nag me until I helped on a house project, and then show me how he wanted it done, then yell at me when I didn't do it the right way, then expect me to stand there and just watch him do it right.

Um. No - not so much.

And don't worry about the hermit crabs -their half life is about 5 days, max.

How OLD are these roommates, anyway?

Mrs. Booms said...

Okay but you have to wear a muu muu and say 'OH STAAAAAANLEY'... Deal?

10 bucks says the cat eats the crabs.

Let me know.

Amy Kate said...

Holy poo, I cannot wait to see you on People's Court, with those 3 suing you for your security deposit and you arguing that they aren't entitled to it because of extensive damage from those damn rowdy hermit crabs.
You are hilarious! I hope they stay there forever, I love these tales!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks gawd they're only the hermit kind. They're pretty cute!
I hope there won't be any cat fights or booger eating!!

LOL!!

Hugs!!

Ladybug650 said...

I'm coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm sorry the roommates are testing your comfort zone, but it's making for some freaking awesome blogging! You've got me cracking up. Crabs...niiice.

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Hermit crabs. Whew. Not my first thought when I read that title lol.