Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're Totally Exciting. Really.

Saturday was a busy day for Captain Carl and me. We went for a walk first thing in the morning because Texas has decided to become the total bitch that she is every summer and the temp was promised to hit almost 100 degrees by noon. Then we decided to hang the sun blocking curtains my sister gave to me a year ago. I practically have a degree in procrastination, I am so good at it sometimes I can hardly believe it.

So after struggling for three hours with a project that should have taken no more than an hour, we finally got some shade in our family room. And since I was already sweaty and hot from all that business, I decided to clean the floors. I even cleaned under the furniture, people. That's how serious I was about the cleaning because everyone knows you only clean UNDER the furniture when you really mean business or when your mother-in-law is coming over. I found two cat toys, three used kleenex, one penny, one token for an amusement park I've never heard of and about 50 dust balls.

By the time both of us had showered, it was 7pm. The Captain grilled some hamburgers and then we zoned out on the couch for a few more hours. 9:30pm rolled around and we decided to go to bed. Our new renter, I'll call him Renty until I think of something better, came downstairs as we were heading to the bedroom. I had my purse with me, because I don't leave it out in the kitchen anymore. So I guess I looked like I was leaving because Renty asked me if we were going out for the night. To which the Captain and I laughed hysterically.

Once we were in bed, the Captain put on his CPAP mask and watched TV while I clipped coupons and made a grocery list. At 10pm on a Saturday night.

Our life is so exciting it's ridiculous.

P.S. The Kiddo got a job and his first day was today. He's cooking in a fast food restaurant. I'm so glad too, because our new renter is really great so far and I don't have a lot of funny things to tell about him besides his weird fascination with my cat, so at least I'll get some good fast food stories for y'all soon.

20 comments:

Lana said...

i can't think of a better way to spend a weekend. my favorite part was you laughing at renty about not going out. but i'm glad he's turning out to be nice and mild for you.

Logical Libby said...

Maybe you should take your cat into your bedroom with you...

erin said...

My Saturday night was just as exciting. Jeremiah had to work, I was babysitting my own kids while my ex husband took my oldest daughter to a concert and I drank a few beers, read a book and then came inside and talked to Trodo MuPupperson on IM. I'm sure she thinks I'm insane now.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Congrats to the Kiddo! If you haven't seen the movie Waiting, you have to see it NOW!
I think you scored big time with the loot from under the couch! I found a dime in the laundry today and I'm keeping it! LOL!
There I go with the exclamation points again....
Hope you have a great week.

Jugs!!

Kim said...

You and your husband could swing with us because it sounds like we have the same bedroom behavior.

diane said...

Oh thank god it's a crap mask and not a rap mask, cause that would keep you up all night.

Harna said...

What? No French fries under the couch? I can't wait to see what crazy shit Renty has up his sleeve...

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

WHAT???? That's ALL you found under your couch? I have far more than that IN my couch! You don't even want to know how many scary things are under my couch. You obviously clean far too often. (I think I used to actually have another kid, but it's been so long since I've seen him... no, wait... that was somebody else's kid under there.) No cat lady status for you, young lady!

Sincerely,
Cat Lady

Kristine said...

The CPAP! I have a relative who wears one. He's kind of self-conscious so they made up a song to make light of the ridiculous contraption...sung to the tune of "Don't Worry...C-Pappy"

Anna Russell said...

You obviously keep the underneath of your couch far too clean. I think you should get an award for that.

kate sweeten said...

I had to read "CPAP" a good four times before I realized that it didn't actually say "CRAP mask". I need to go back to bed.

miss. chief said...

my bf and i really lived it up this weekend. WE WENT TO A MOVIE! out of the house! with POPCORN!

it was mind blowing

diane said...

It's not crap? What's cpap?

Vic said...

My dad had a CPAP for his sleep apnea. He hated that thing, but it did keep him breathing...

That must get old having to monitor your purse all the time in your own house. Maybe this new renter will be wonderful. Fingers crossed for ya.

sstahlberg said...

Oh Miss Yvonne, you have become my most favorite blogger! Your blog is hilarious, I have been following for a couple months, and I went back also to read all your previous blog posts, and you never fail to disappoint me! Also, you don't leave me hanging for days and days at a time with no new posts! Every couple of days, there is ALWAYS a new post! I'm not gonna name any names, but some of the blogs I follow seem to be too BUSY to entertain with their witty banter! Not saying that you AREN'T busy, but clearly you have your priorities straight, and I am glad that your FOLLOWERS are up there!!! That being said, I am rather disappointed that you didn't do background checks, screenings and checked references to make sure that your new renters were interesting enough to make for crazy posts. Tsk tsk....

She Said said...

I went to Texas A&M for 3 excruciatingly long semesters a lifetime ago, and I was so good at procrastinating I thought I should write a book on how to do it and still get kick ass grades. Maybe I'll get around to doing that one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lana- laughing at Renty made my day.

And after reading your other comments, I just want to send a heartfelt "damn that sucks" to your husband for being stuck with a crap mask.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Fingers crossed on the new renter.

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Wow, a CRAP mask. I learned something new today. :)

Candice said...

If the cat starts walking funny it's time to give "Renty" the boot.