Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Morning Hangover


I woke up early this morning with a hangover. A screwdriver hangover, to be exact. Captain Carl and I went to a jazz club last night and it was fantastic. Tiny place, amazing live jazz music and a lot of drinking.

We were supposed to go to Worky's Paparazzi party, but I decided to be a shitty friend and skip it. I know....I suck. But today is our 6th anniversary and I really wanted to be alone with the Captain last night to celebrate. So that's what we did, and I got drunk off three screwdrivers. In my defense, they were really strong...but yeah, I'm a lightweight. I'm pretty sure I started quoting Pee Wee's Big Adventure on the walk back to the car.

There are things about me you wouldn't understand....things you couldn't understand....things you shouldn't understand.



We got home around 1am after a stop at Whataburger for some grease...which is what Captain Carl said I needed when I realized how tipsy I was after we left the club. There's just nothing like a cheeseburger at 1am, right? I had forgotten how good they tasted.

So I was planning on sleeping in this morning. I woke up at 8:30, which is not nearly late enough for my taste. But my head was pounding and I had cotton mouth, so I got up. I decided to open a window and enjoy the birds singing before everyone else in my boarding house woke up.

Just me and the puke monsters...listening to the birds and feeling the cool morning breeze.



I need some Advil.

7 comments:

nova said...

oh god, i hate puking on a nice day, it just emphasizes the fact that you feel shitty

Mona Lott said...

Skipping the big gay party?!?!?!! That's love. A love that will go down in history...

I hope you feel better:)

Tots said...

OK, Whataburger is good, but what you need is the CRACK COCAINE of drunk food.

Krystals.

From what I know of you and the good captain, this is probably the closest one.If you can't eat at Krystal, then at least hit Waffle house.

Besides admit it, Captain Carl was afraid he would look FABULOUS! <- say with a big queenie lisp.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy Anniversary to you and the Captain!! I hope you share many greasy burgers and hangovers together in the future!!

Big Jugs!!

DKC said...

I was going to be upset about you skipping the gay party - but that was definitely a worthy reason!

Happy Anniversary and I hope the headache is gone by now!

kate sweeten said...

I got painfully drunk on Saturday at my best friend's wedding...we (the bride and I) capped off the night by sending her new husband and my finace to Town Topic (Kansas City's greasy, hole-in-the-wall, divey burger joint) for burgers while we sat in the bathroom and drank a bottle of champange. I hope you're feeling better :)

The Panic Room said...

Happy Anniversary :)